Verified by Visa
Verified by Visa provides extra peace of mind for online shoppers. It is a password-protected authentication system designed to confirm the identity of the cardholder when a Visa card is used online.
By requesting a password known only to the cardholder, the bank can verify that the genuine cardholder is entering their card details into an eCommerce website. The password may be one that you nominate yourself and must remember, or, it could be a code the bank sends you via SMS when you are about to make an online payment. It helps to prevent fraudulent transactions and gives all parties in the payment process greater peace of mind, especially when used in conjunction with all the other security features offered by Visa.
How it works
- Register for Verified by Visa in just a few minutes through the bank that issued your card or when prompted at the time of your transaction.
- Upon activation, Verified by Visa protects you at every participating online store.
- When you shop online at a participating merchant, your card will be automatically recognized as protected by Verified by Visa.
- You will be asked to authenticate yourself in a Verified by Visa window displayed on the site using your Verified by Visa password or the one-time password issued to you.
- Once you have entered your Verified by Visa code, simply follow the steps as you normally would to complete the transaction.
- Your issuer will verify your entries and the transaction will be completed upon successful validation.